If you are actively doing something to make the workplace more human and meaningful, we’d love to share it.
The interview is for Work Revolutionaries (that’s you) to share your insight, perspective, and ideas. It is to inspire and entertain. It should be actionable and focused. We feature startup gurus, entrepreneurs, change agents, and thought leaders at the top of their game.
(This is our nice way of saying that if you want your interview to be featured, it has to be really good. As you know, there is an overwhelming amount of information available online. We — you, me, them, all of us — simply don’t have the time, capacity, or desire to spend time on things that don’t improve our lives in some tangible way.)
Completing this interview is a concrete and visible way for you to contribute to moving the Revolution forward. Take your time and make it amazing.
MANDATORY (YOU GOTTA ANSWER THESE 7)
- Why does the world need a work revolution? (In other words: the way we’re working isn’t working. Why not?)
- How are you or your organization reinventing work in some way (big or small)?
- Why do you do what you do?
- What kind of art (any kind) do you like and why? Any recommendations we should know about?
- What is one specific thing your company does that makes your culture unique and/or different?
- What is one discipline/industry totally different from your own that has inspired you? How does it impact your work?
- What’s one tangible and concrete technique other organizations should use if they want to create a more human and/or meaningful place to work?
YOUR CHOICE (PLEASE PICK 3 TO ANSWER)
- What is one surprising thing we should know about you?
- What piece of technology (other than your laptop/smartphone/tablet) could you not live without and why?
- What does your preferred work environment look like?
- What do you do for fun?
- How do you stay productive throughout your day?
- What time of the day do you do your best work?
- What is “required reading” or “required viewing” for people who want to understand what makes you tick? (3 articles/videos/links)
- Create your own work-related question (ask yourself / answer yourself)
- Create your own personal question (ask yourself / answer yourself)
ADMIN (TO MAKE YOUR PROFILE LOOK AWESOME)
- Where in the world are you? City/State (if US) or City/Country (if outside US)
- How can people connect with you? (Website, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Paste your biography here: (NOTE: Please write this in 3rd person and stick to ~100 words. Simple is beautiful.)
- Attach an amazing, moderately artistic photo of you. (NOTE: To look good on the site, it has to be at least 700px wide x 650px tall. We know this seems like a weird size, but it’s exactly what will make you look brilliant. Trust us.)
HOW TO SUBMIT
Copy the interview above into the text editor of your choice and answer the questions — all 7 from the first section, 3 of your choice from the second, and all the Admin stuff. Then click the button below to send us an email! Please make sure to follow the instructions carefully or it will delay the publishing of your interview.